Just a quick message. I see that my wok have contacted you re:the last MDT Report.
I would just like to ask that you copy me in on any response you give them.

Now my second reason for the email.

Did anyone read my discharge MDT ? It’s got more mistakes in it than I can count!

The most disturbing of which is on page 4 and reads…”Bleeding has been reported from the site of the supra pubic catheter but no abnormality was found”

Now while I had a supra pubic catheter while I was in ICU! this was taken out long before I got to Blackheath.

While these mistake prove what all ready know about Blackheath they can be seen by others that might get the wrong idea about my health.

I would also like to point out the mistake on page 10. It reads…”Mr McMorrow is able to maintain his static standing balance with the use of a standing hoist or standing frame for approximately 30 minutes”

While this would be fantastic it untrue. The most I can stand for is 6 minutes I know this because we timed it.

I would like these and the other mistakes corrected and the MDT reissued, to all that got a copy.

Daniel McMorrow


So after waiting ages I got my MDT report from BLackheath, and guess what it all wrong!

I must say I’m shocked (not)


Dear Mr Mc Morrow

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry to hear of the events that you describe about your stay at Heathside Neurodisability Unit.

We are responsible for checking that every care provider that is registered with us meets important standards of quality and safety. However the legal duties we have been given by Parliament do not include dealing with complaints about these services.

Even though we cannot investigate individual complaints about health and social care services we welcome information such as yours as we can add this information to what we already know about the service. This will help us to make judgements and target our work.

If we find evidence that the provider has not met the requirements of the regulations, we will tell them what they have to do to put things right. In serious cases we may consider using our legal powers to make sure the matter is put right. If there is evidence of a problem that is putting people at risk we will investigate and take action where necessary. We have a wide range of enforcement powers and we have flexibility about how we use them.

If you are unhappy with the quality of care provided to you then you should contact the service in the first instance. The service providing the care should try to sort out your complaint and put things right for you. This is called local resolution. I note from your communication with us that you intend to make a complaint.

If following the local resolution stage you remain unhappy with the outcome of your complaint or the way it has been handled, there are two options you can consider depending on who pays for your care.

If your care has been paid for by Social Services then you have the right to use their complaints procedures. They are required by law to have a procedure for dealing with complaints about social care. You should contact the Complaints Manager at Social Services and ask them to deal with your complaint.

If you are unhappy with the way Social Services manage and respond to your complaint, you can contact the Local Government Ombudsman. Their contact details are at the end of this email. If you tell them you are complaining about Social Services Department then they will provide you with advice and guidance about what you need to do next.

If you pay for the care yourself and you are unhappy with the way the provider has managed and responded to your complaint, you can also contact the Local Government Ombudsman directly.

Since 01 October 2010 the Local Government Ombudsman has become the second stage of the complaints procedure for people who pay for their own social care. They have a dedicated team for dealing with these issues and they will provide you with advice and guidance.

The Local Government Ombudsman has the power to investigate individual complaints where the Care Quality Commission has not.

You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman at:

The Local Government Ombudsman
P.O Box 4771

Telephone: 0300 061 0614 or 0845 602 1983
I hope the above information we have given to you is useful. The following is a link to our leaflet “How to complain about a health care or social care service” for your information.

Yours sincerely

Malcolm Westbrook
Compliance Inspector
Care Quality Commission – London Region


They stopped me telling my story to the other patients, despite them all wanting to here it.

So here it is…


I first came to Blackheath (80-82 Blackheath Hill, United Kingdom
London, SE10 8AD. ) about 12 weeks ago (25/04/2012)

I’d been in a residential unit before, I’ve stayed at the royal hospital for Nero disability. I was there for 9 months and never once thought about leaving or had reason to complain. This however is not the case for Blackheath.

They have been unhelpful and lazy since day one.

On the first night they took off the sling wrong and lost my medication.

For the first there day I had no medication (because they had lost it) this lead to some very painful withdrawal.

They made another six mistakes with my medication.

They also keep calling me Jason, not Daniel!

About week three is was ready for bed, about 9 o’clock. I press the nurse call button, after about five minutes(nothing new here). I went in search of the rehab assistant, only to fine her show off,feet up on a chair watching TV. She was the only rehab assistant on the floor, and the TV was so loud she could not hear the bell.

All of this I’ve put on my blog and Facebook They told me Friday (28/07/2012) They where thinking of seeing me!

This shows what an unprofessional attitude they have.

I am not the only person hear who thinks there methods need to be fixed! I’ve called in Lewisham PCT safeguarding, CQC and my social worked all of whom I’ve complained to about the standard of care at Blackheath.

My parents have met one other family, and even they (the other family) said the place is like a prision.

As of Thursday afternoon (02/08/2012) I’m am going to be discharge, this not only affects my rehab but also sends a message complain and we will kick you out.
Their are other families that want to complain, but having seen how I’ve been treated will not, for fear of bing victimised.

They have told me that i’ve upset the staff, I’ve been rude and that someone has talked to me about the hoist. However I spoken to a few of the rehab assistances and not one of them thinks this.

This is my last real hope of walking again and they have now taken that away from me!

You can cll me on 0772xxxxxxx

Daniel McMorrow


So Blackheath have said that if I keep posting to Facebook they will sue me!

I just like to say nothing I’ve said is not true!


So I came to Blackheath a few weeks ago and I’ve not liked it since I got here.

I’ve decided to restrict my rants to facts. These can’t be dismissed.


My “dirty” clothes, just dumped in the wardrobe


There are two at Blackheath
Heathside Neurodisability Unit & Thames Brain Injury Unit

I had the misfortune of being on Thames Brain Injury Unit